The Rental Show is the American Rental Association’s annual convention and trade show for the equipment rental industry. It features construction/industrial equipment, general tool/homeowner equipment and party/special event equipment, as well as rental-specific seminars and industry networking.
NOTE: The Rental Show is a closed show, meaning only those involved in the equipment rental industry are eligible to register and attend.
Frequently Asked Questions about The Rental Show:
- A note on photography at The Rental Show
Photographers may take photos of participants at The Rental Show – such as in the exhibit hall, in seminars, at events or at other functions. These photos are for use only by the American Rental Association and may appear in Rental Management, ARA Advantage and other membership newsletters, ARA Foundation Focus newsletter, brochures, ARA’s media outreach efforts, future Show promotions and on ARA’s websites, including TheRentalShow.com. Your attendance constitutes your permission and consent for this photography.Attendees are not permitted to take photographs in an exhibitor’s booth without that exhibitor’s permission.
- How can I attend the keynote session?
You will need a full registration to attend the keynote session featuring Jay Leno on Feb. 27, and you will need your badge for admittance.
- How can I enter ARA’s $2,500 prize giveaway at The Rental Show?
ARA rental store members will be able to enter the prize drawing for $2,500 on site in the ARA Store at the Orange County Convention Center during The Rental Show. Complete rules for the giveaway are available here. A mail entry form is available here.
- How long does it take to walk the show floor?
Allow a minimum of two days to adequately cover the entire exhibit hall.
- If I can’t attend all the seminars I want, can I receive a recording of the sessions I miss?
Attendees with full registration for The Rental Show will be able to listen to or download podcasts of most seminars from this site after the Show. In addition, seminar handouts will be available for those with a full registration to download before The Rental Show so you can print out the ones you need and bring them along. Printed handouts also will be available on site for Show seminars.
- For Events & Tents registrants, podcasts of most sessions will be available after the Show. Handouts will be available online prior to the Show – no printed handouts will be on site for Events & Tents.
- Eligible registrants for The Rental Show and Events & Tents will receive emails in early February with details and a link to handouts and by mid-March with details and a link to the podcasts.
- What are the dates of The Rental Show 2017?
Sunday, Feb. 26, through Wednesday, March 1Business-focused seminars all day Sunday
Exhibit hall open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Events & Tents, an educational program for ARA rental store members in party and special event rental, is Saturday, Feb. 25, and has a separate registration fee.
- What is The Rental Show mobile app and when will it be available?
The Rental Show offers an app for iPhone, iPad and Android to help you plan for and navigate the Show. It includes an exhibitor directory, show floor map, schedule and much more. The app will be available in late 2016 through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- What is the convention center address?
The address for the North-South Building is:
Orange County Convention Center
9899 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819NOTE: This address is for directional purposes only. Please contact the American Rental Association for a shipping address.
- What is the typical February weather in Orlando?
February in the Orlando area is characterized by gradually increasing daily high temperatures, with the average high around 73 degrees Fahrenheit and the average low 53 degrees Fahrenheit. Rainfall during this time of year is typically at a minimum.
- When will a Show Directory be available?
The Rental Show Directory will be available at the Show beginning Friday, Feb. 24. The Show Directory is only available on site. The online exhibitor search will be available on this site under “Find Exhibitors” page starting in mid-October. In addition, the January issue of Rental Management also will have an exhibitors’ list, as will the Show app.
- Where and when is The Rental Show in upcoming years?
Here’s a look at future dates:
The Rental Show 2018 is Feb. 18 to 21 in New Orleans
The Rental Show 2019 is Feb. 17 to 20 in Anaheim, Calif.
The Rental Show 2020 is Feb. 9-12 in Orlando, Fla.
- Where is the parking at the convention center and what is the cost?
The North-South Building parking lot is on the building’s east end and can be accessed from both Universal Blvd. and International Drive. Parking is available on a first-come, first served basis, including accessible parking. The fee is $15 per car, per entry. Find details online at OCCC.net.
- Where will ARA be on the trade show floor?
The ARA Resource Center will be in the Construction/Industrial department on the show floor and will include information on membership, products and services, the ARA Foundation, ARA Insurance, Rental Management and more.
- Will shuttle buses be available at the Show?
Yes, shuttle buses will run to and from the Orange County Convention Center and select ARA Show hotels. The following hotels are within walking distance of the convention center: Clarion Inn and Suites at International Drive, Days Inn Orlando Convention Center, Hilton Orlando, Hyatt Regency Orlando and the Rosen Centre Hotel. There will be shuttle bus service from all other official Show hotels to the convention center.